WEG was Founded in 1961, by Werner Ricardo Voigt, Eggon Joao da Silva and Geraldo Werninghaus in the city of Jaraguá do Sul, Brazil. WEG operates mainly in the sector of capital goods and is one of the largest world manufacturers of electric-electronic equipment, having five main businesses: Motors, Energy, Transmission and Distribution, Automation and Coatings. WEG has manufacturing units in 12 countries and is present in more than 100 countries, servicing all industrial segments, including oil and gas, mining, infrastructure, steel, pulp and paper, renewable energy, among many others. With over 30 thousand employees, WEG’s Net Revenues reached $9.5 billion in 2017.
WEG has two companies located in the USA. WEG Electric Corp., located in Duluth, Georgia, was incorporated in September 1991, while WEG Transformers USA located in Washington, Missouri was purchased from CG Power Systems USA Inc. (formerly Pauwels Transformers USA), in July 2017.
WEG is committed to creating quality products and efficient solutions. To achieve this there is continuous investment in innovation and team work. Helping people reach their goals by living the values of the company is a passion shared by everyone at WEG.
- Continuous and sustainable growth while maintaining simplicity.
- Be a global benchmark for transformers with a wide range of product lines, providing full and efficient solutions.
- Human Company
- We value each individual contribution to our success, and we motivate people by means of integrity, ethics and constant support to personal development.
- Team Work
- Working as a team, we gather the best knowledge, intelligence and skill to constantly improve our work and benefit our customers.
- Every day we work to make things better. All products, processes and developments are driven by the desire to increase efficiency.
- We will always develop new efficient ways to respond to the changing needs of the customer.
- New ideas and technologies ensure the future of the company. That is why we encourage and support an atmosphere of innovation and future development.
- Set the benchmark in our relationship with customers.
For more information about the WEG Group and their global presence, please visit https://www.weg.net.
WEG Transformers USA
Industry: Transformer Manufacturer
Originally Established: 1983
Previous Names: Pauwels Transformers, CG Power Solutions
WEG Purchase: 2017
Location: Washington, Missouri USA 63090
Founded in 1983, our establishment specializes in the manufacturing, assembly, supervision, and commissioning services of Power and Distribution Transformers. Since the WEG purchase in 2017, WTU has proven to be a reliable manufacturer of transformers across North America, and many overseas countries. WTU excels in manufacturing three phase pad-mounted transformers, primary unit substation transformers, and secondary unit substation transformers up to 10 MVA. As well as, three phase small and medium power transformers through 60 MVA.
WEG Transformers USA has three manufacturing facilities in Heidmann Industrial Park in Washington, Missouri USA:
- WEG Distribution Transformer Plant
- 6350 WEG Drive | Washington, Missouri 63090
- This facility will be in full operation in 2021. The purpose of this plant is to quickly manufacture simplistic distribution transformers, typically requested by the utility market. The product scope includes three-phase step up/down padmount units with a max rating of 2.5 MVA.
- WEG Specialty Transformer Plant
- One Pauwels Drive | Washington, MO 63090
- This distribution transformer facility was constructed under Pauwels Transformers USA, in 1992 with a necessary expansion concluded in 2002. The product scope includes large pad mounts, substations, and small power units with a max rating of 10 MVA.
- WEG Power Transformer Plant
- 6349 Avantha Drive | Washington, Missouri 63090
- Since 2010, this facility has heavily focused towards the Utility Market across the United States as well as Industrial and Renewable customers. WEG has invested significantly in our Power Transformer factory since 2017 and continues to develop both the Transformer Technology and Manufacturing Technology to meet the ever changing needs of our customers. WEG’s Power Transformer factory focuses on units up to 161kV with a top rating of 100 MVA.
WEG Transformers USA can also supply Station Type transformers, GSU transformers and Auto transformers through 400 MVA 500 kV from our sister company in Mexico.
WEG Transformers USA social responsibility is such a nature that we are committed to providing support to local organizations such as:
- Frequent donations to United Way through campaigns. Our 2020 Campaign made us the second highest contributor in Franklin County. With help from employee, distributor, supplier, and customer contributions we were able to raise over $130k. This is 117% more than our 2019 Campaign.
- Quarterly employee food drives to Loving Hearts (Food Pantry).
- Proud sponsor of Quarks Robotics, a FTC robotics team in Eureka, MO.
- Proud sponsor of Wings Educational Foundation that offers “educators in the School District of Washington the opportunity to apply for the WINGS Educator Grant to fund innovation, technology or other opportunities to improve instruction for students in the District.”
- Proud sponsor of the Washington High School Athletics Association
- Proud sponsor of Franklin County Fair & Franklin County Missouri 4-H
- Annual donations to the St. Vincent’s School Dinner Auction.
- Annual donations to the Saint Ann Dinner Auction.
- Annual donations to St. Joseph.
Discover Washington, Missouri through the following resources: